Preventive care helps to keep you healthy and identify problems early, while they are easier to treat. A typical preventive care exam – often referred to as a physical or well visit – includes:
- Blood pressure check: every two years if blood pressure is less than 120/80 mm Hg; every year if 12—139/80—89 mm HG
- Pap test: discuss what’s right for you based on your age and your history
- Influenza: every year
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td/Tdap): Tdap once, then Td every 10 years
- Varicella (chickenpox): two doses if you’ve not had it before and are not immune to chickenpox
- HPV vaccines: talk to your primary care physician if you need to catch up
Now is also a prime time for you to build strong bones by getting enough calcium and vitamin D.
Starting a family
From fertility questions and options to pregnancy care and beyond, we’re here for you no matter where you are in the planning process.
When it comes to finding the right birth control for you , our care team can help. Talk to your doctor if you’re interested in getting to know your options.