Nationally Recognized Achievements
Amery Hospital & Clinic receives awards from organizations recognizing our facility for excellence in quality, patient care, and sustainability to name a few. It’s another way of showing the high level of care we give you.
Amery Hospital & Clinic is accredited by The Joint Commission for Critical Access Hospital (2018) and earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation
Accreditation is a way of evaluating quality and safety; an audit of the actual delivery of critical services and patient care; and a continuous process, providing insight into daily operations and systems. View Amery Hospital & Clinic's Quality Report
The Joint Commission accreditation applies to all of Amery Hospital & Clinic’s locations and services including: Behavioral Health Center, Clear Lake Clinic, Luck Clinic, Turtle Lake Clinic, Fitness Center and Wound Healing Center. Amery’s Laboratory has been accredited by The Joint Commission since 2010.
Every year, Healthgrades® evaluates nearly 4,500 hospitals. Amery Hospital & Clinic is proud to be recognized by Healthgrades as a top-performing hospital.
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement™ for 4 Years in a Row (2015-2018)
Center of Distinction
- The Wound Healing Center of Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized with this national award for clinical excellence for achieving outstanding clinical outcomes for 12 consecutive months in various areas.
Center of Excellence
- The Wound Healing Center of Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized with this national award for wound healing excellence for achieving patient satisfaction rates higher than 92 percent and a healing rate of at least 91 percent in less than 30 median days to heal, for a minimum of two consecutive years.
CMS - Hospital Compare
In 2019, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded Amery Hospital & Clinic a four-star rating
for its quality of patient care, placing it in the top 30.5 percent of hospitals nationally.
Audubon International Program
- Amery Hospital & Clinic is a "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary" through the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program (ACSP), an Audubon International program. Amery Hospital & Clinic is the first property in Wisconsin and the 34th property in the world to be certified in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program.
Green Masters Program
- Every year, the Wisconsin Business Council recognizes businesses that have actively demonstrated their commitment to sustainability. The Masters honor is their highest level of recognition for this award.
- The nation’s leading organization dedicated to environmental sustainability in health care.
- Circles of Excellence - Water (2018) - recognizes hospitals for exemplary programs in water conservation and efficiency. These early adopters boast fewer gallons of water consumption per square foot, tracking of implemented conservation projects, written plans to reduce water consumption over time and have water-tracking mechanisms in place.
- Greenhealth Emerald Award (2017 & 2018)- recognizes health care facilities that are setting the standard in eliminating mercury, reducing and recycling waste, sustainable sourcing, and other areas. Winning hospitals have demonstrated a strong commitment to sustainability and shown leadership in the local community and in the health care sector.
- Greening the OR Award (2017 & 2018) - recognizes the facility demonstrating the most success in reducing the environmental impact of its surgical suites. Operating rooms are large contributors to a health care facility’s environmental footprint, creating opportunity for significant cost savings and sustainability improvements.
- Making Medicine Mercury-Free Award (2017) - is given to health care facilities that have virtually eliminated mercury and have policies in place to prevent it from re-entering the facility. Mercury is one of the most hazardous chemicals, associated with many health risks.
- Greenhealth Partner for Change (2016) - recognizes health care facilities that continuously improve and expand upon their mercury elimination, waste reduction, recycling and source reduction programs. At a minimum, facilities applying for this award must be recycling 15 percent of their total waste, have reduced regulated medical waste, are well along the way to mercury elimination, and have developed other successful pollution prevention programs in many different areas
Performance Leadership in Quality
(2017 & 2018) - Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized by The Chartis Center for Rural Health/iVantage Health Analytics and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for overall excellence in quality, reflecting top quartile performance among all rural hospitals in the nation.
Performance Leadership in Outcomes
(2018) - Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized by The Chartis Center for Rural Health/iVantage Health Analytics and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for overall excellence in patient outcomes, reflecting top quartile performance among all rural hospitals across the U.S.