Two HealthPartners hospitals recognized for sustainability commitment
December 15, 2017
Every year, the Wisconsin Business Council recognizes businesses that have actively demonstrated their commitment to sustainability. The Masters honor is their highest level of recognition for this award.
Amery and Westfields were recognized for a wide range of sustainability initiatives, including:
- Energy efficient lighting improvements
- Water conservation planning
- Enhanced waste management programming
- On-site community garden plots
- Hosting community events including Earth Day celebrations, electronics recycling, shoe recycling, and fall festivals
- Reducing water usage irrigation by selecting low-maintenance and native plants for landscaping
- Other sustainability excellence recognition, such as Amery’s designation as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
- Reusable to-go meal containers
- Solar panels at Westfields
“Our commitment to sustainability goes hand in hand with our mission,” said Dana Slade, Director of Sustainability at HealthPartners. “To improve the health and well-being of our members, patients and community, we have to take care of the places where they live and work.”
This is Amery’s first time receiving the recognition and Westfields second time. With this recognition, all of three of HealthPartners Wisconsin hospitals have received the Green Masters honor. Hudson Hospital & Clinic won the Green Masters Award in 2016.
Amery Hospital & Clinic and Westfields Hospital & Clinic were recognized at the 10th Annual Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council Conference on December 13th in Kohler at the American Club.
Find out more about what HealthPartners is doing for a healthier and greener community
About the Green Masters Program
The Green Masters Program
is a recognition and assessment program for Wisconsin businesses interested in improving and being recognized for their sustainability initiatives. The objective of the Green Masters Program is to provide companies with a benchmark for themselves and the ability to compare their sustainability performance to other companies in their sector.