No trick: Children rewarded for turning in Halloween treats
November 7, 2017
Stillwater, Minn. – PowerUp hosted six candy trade-in events across the St. Croix Valley, collecting 780 pounds of Halloween candy. That’s in addition to the candy collected at HealthPartners dental clinics across the Twin Cities.
On average, each child who took part reduced their sugar intake by about three cups by trading in their Halloween candy for fun PowerUp prizes. The sweet treats will now be donated to the military serving overseas, along with cards decorated by the kids.
The locations taking part in the PowerUp candy trade-in included (date of event):
• Amery Hospital & Clinic (Nov. 1)
• Hudson Hospital & Clinic (Nov. 2)
• Stillwater Medical Group – Stillwater clinic (Nov. 3)
• Westfields Hospital & Clinic (Nov. 1)
• Somerset Elementary School (Nov. 2)
• HealthPartners Clinic – White Bear Lake (Nov. 1-3)
Photos show: Just some of the boxes filled with the candy collected from the six candy trade-in events.