Kids and families had a blast at PowerUp Week 2019
June 12, 2019
Amery, Wisc. – Hundreds of people across the St. Croix Valley and western Wisconsin took part in a host of fun activities for PowerUp Week.
Families had a blast eating better and getting active through PowerUp events. They also took advantage of special offers and discounts from PowerUp community partners and took part in the PowerUp TRY-athlon, a new activity this year.
- 850 people took part in events across the St. Croix Valley and western Wisconsin.
- 248 people attended Comp’s 6th birthday parties at 8 libraries in Amery, Mahtomedi, Lakeland, Bayport, Stillwater, Hudson, Somerset, and White Bear Lake.
- 132 people took part in the PowerUp Family 2K in Amery
- 787 half-price salads were sold in the cafeterias at Lakeview, Hudson, Westfields and Amery hospitals
Mercades Blouin-Potvin and Tesla Blouin-Potvin, of Amery, won a bike from Art Doyle’s Spokes and Pedals shop in Hudson, after completing the PowerUp TRY-athlon tracker. Second place winner Stefanie Reeh, of Stillwater, won an Instant Pot.
- Much fun was had by all at the PowerUp Family 2K in Amery