A free Diabetes event
Take control of your diabetes and join us at the St. Croix Valley Diabetes Expo at Water Street Inn (101 Water St S, Stillwater, MN) on September 28 from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Diabetes patients and their families are invited to this free expo to gain the knowledge and tools they need to take control. Enjoy light refreshments, speak with our experts, or choose to participate in a variety of free mini classes, with two early bird classes (45 minute classes) starting at 4 p.m. Topics range from recipes that fit into a diabetes meal plan, to the effects of sleep quality on diabetes.
This year’s event highlights include:
- Early bird classes
- Mini speaker sessions
- Health care booths
- Ask the experts
- Light refreshments, and more!
Early Bird Classes (45 Minutes)
- 4 p.m. Freezer meal recipes that fit into your diabetes meal plan - Kathy Mead, Dietitian, Lakeview Hospital
- 5 p.m. Living effectively with the stress of diabetes - Brian Bartlett, Hudson's Programs for Change
Mini Speaker Sessions (15 Minutes)
- 6 p.m. Signs and symptoms of a heart attack and stroke - Halley Ryan and Michelle Cortright, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- 6:20 p.m. The link between diabetes and heart disease, what can I do? - Dr. Browning, Cardiology
- 6:40 p.m. Sleep quality, how does it affect my diabetes? - Dr. Davig, Sleep Psychologist
- 7 p.m. What can I learn from checking my blood glucose? - Brooke Hyman and Jessica Bursik, Diabetes educators
This fun and informational event is brought to you in partnership with Amery Hospital & Clinic, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Stillwater Medical Group, Lakeview Hospital, and Westfields Hospital & Clinic. For more information or to reserve your spot, visit healthpartnerslocalcare.org/diabetesexpo
or call 651-430-4655.