Wound Healing Center
|There's No Longer any Reason to Live with an Open Sore|
Every wound has it's unique set of circumstances. Our center is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most treatments covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMO's, and other private insurance plans. We are expert at caring for people whose open sores have resisted traditional treatment with a success rate of 89% healed in 16 weeks.
Pictured alongside the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber located at the Wound Healing Center in Amery are Sandi Reed, ARMC Administrator of Clinical Services; Colleen Nordby, Hyperbaric Oxygen technician; Mike Karuschak, ARMC CEO; Chris Boardman, Office Coordinator; Beth Jackson,RN, Clinical Nurse Coordinator; Lynne Wollenberg, Program Director; and Dr. Anders Ulland, General Surgeon & Medical Director.
For more information, call (715) 268-0175 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The Wound Healing Center is located at 230 Deronda Street in Amery.
Specialists Working Together for You
Our Center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of open sores are complex and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle their carried circumstances and challenges. It could be as simple as changing a medication, or more complex. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we’re equipped and staffed to make it happen.
How to Start Healing
- Generally, the physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or, you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment, we’ll as you a few question about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there’s any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we’ll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your special needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you’ll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you’ll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- A list of any medications you’re currently taking as well as any allergies you’re aware of
- Medical records including x-rays if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards
Your Role in Healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We’ll count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You’ll learn about caring for your wound at home including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. We’re always here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
Proven Success in a Caring Supportive Environment
Our results are impressive, with most chronic wounds improved within weeks.
New Wound Healing Options Available Here
Please call (715) 268-0175 today and let the healing begin!
Wound Healing Center
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location Address: 230 Deronda Street, Amery, WI 54001
Phone: (715) 268-0175
Fax: (715) 268-0177
The Wound Healing Center in Amery is a part of Healogics, which provides comprehensive wound care management solutions. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Healogics is the largest provider of wound care and related disease management in the country. The Healogics network manages more than 500 Wound Care Centers® in more than 10 percent of the hospitals in the nation. The company provides hospitals with the innovation, resources and talent to provide more patients with affordable access to life-saving wound care.