Ownership and Governance
Amery Hospital & Clinic is a not-for-profit hospital located in Amery, Wisconsin. The facility’s not-for-profit status ensures that all financial resources remaining after expenses are paid and are legally committed to improving technology, patient services and facilities.
There is a 13-member board of directors comprised of local physicians, HealthPartners representatives and local residents. Seven (7) local representatives serve on the Board along with three HealthPartner representatives and representatives nominated by the local medical staff.
The Board of Directors determines the organization's policy and provides direction and counsel on management, administration, planning and development. Directors are responsible for the organization's compliance with applicable legal requirements, the maintenance of professional and ethical standards of health services, sound financial management and operation of Amery Hospital & Clinic, and selection and appointment of a qualified medical staff.
Board meetings are held monthly, but Directors also serve on a minimum of one or more of the standing committees of the Board. In addition, Board education meetings are also held. Following is a list of current Board members:
- Chairman: Dan Lien, Retired, President Bremer Bank
- Vice Chairman: Jim Leadholm, Owner, Leadholm Insurance Agency
- Treasurer: Ross Bullard, HPMG Finance & Physician Compensation, HealthPartners
- Director: Dan Draxler, President/CEO, Bremer Bank Wisconsin
- Director: Heidi Erspamer, Vice Pres. Satisfaction Performance Research
- Director: Nancy Magnine, PA-C, Amery Hospital & Clinic
- Director: J. Daniel Nelson, M.D., Physician, HealthPartners
- Director: Ranae Nygaard, Retired RN
- Director: David Rasmussen, Luck Village Board member
- Director: Jeff Robertson, CEO, Lakeview Health System
- Director: Lily Rodgers, M.D., Physician, Amery Hospital & Clinic
- Director: Ann Seagren, M.D., Physician, Amery Hospital & Clinic
- Director: Katherine Walker, Human Resources, Oxbo, Inc.
You may contact any of the Board members through Amery Hospital & Clinic Administration at 715-268-0308.
Amery Hospital & Clinic features a strong, cohesive medical staff of Family Medicine, General Surgeons, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Hospitalists, ENT, Podiatry, Psychiatry, and Chiropratic in full and part-time practices. Visiting consultants include Anesthesia, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, OB/GYN, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Pathology, Podiatry, Pulmonary, Radiology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery.
The facility is guided by a continuous quality improvement philosophy that stresses leadership commitment, organization-wide approach, customer and process mindedness, and employee involvement.